Monday, August 22, 2011

Back to school? YES PLEASE!

Summer has been insane this year, mainly due to all the baseball that Sporty and Trevor were involved in. PLUS, it was rainy until mid-June.  So when baseball was over and we could finally "start" our summer vacay, well, it went too.dang.fast.  I was not quite ready to admit that school was just around the corner.  Heck, I didn't even buy the kids any school clothes until last Thursday and Friday-that's how "not ready" I was.  Then Friday came....

My kids fight.  They fight like cats and dogs, they play fight, they mean fight, they tackle fight sometimes.  They sass each other and make snide comments; they make comments when they think its funny, but it's not funny.  They have horrible timing when it comes to making comments under their breath (I hear them EVERY time!) They even have teams.  Seriously, it's Sporty and Lolo vs Diva and Z-man. 

Now, it's not always crazy fighting, they get along, too, but last Friday it was all downhill.  By Saturday I was ready to leave to get my mani and pedi, but those plans got interrupted ( I have since made peace with that decision, but I will admit that I was NOT HAPPY).  Now it's Monday, and guess what?  SCHOOL STARTS TOMORROW!  Can I get three cheers, can I?  Anyone, anyone?  Bueller, Bueller?  Sporty will be in 4th grade and Diva will be in first grade.  I know both will do well and by the time they come home from school I will be waiting for them at the door with a fresh batch of Slim Cakes from Isagenix.  You thought I would say cookies... Truth is I would have eaten all the dough before it even made it to the oven!

Happy First Day of School!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

aww, i'm totally the opposite right now and DO NOT want school to start, I guess my two are at the age where I still want them home:)

Domestic Goddess and her Hero said...

Hallelujah!!! Hallelujah!!! Hallelujah!!! I too am excited to have the kiddos back in school. So.Excited!