Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Puppy watch 2012

This is Belle-our NOW calm Lab.  Who knew that knocking her up would calm her down so much.  So much so that she's been sleeping in Sporty's room at night and she does not get off her bed.
This sweetie is due this week with her first litter of puppies.  Exciting!!!  Our kids cannot wait and frankly, neither can I.  I think I am nesting just as much as she is.  I have been buying blankets, heat lamps and other items just to get ready for the arrival.  I have put all her blankets in her whelping box, cleaned out the kiddie pool (back up if needed), and I check on her hourly if she isn't by my side in the house.  I think I am a nervous Grandma :)


This is Belle when she was about 2 weeks along-she just wanted to lay here ALL.DAY.LONG.


This picture was taken yesterday-she looks and acts like she is 9 months pregnant. I can totally empathize with her.   However, when she is outside she is still bouncing around, following us around, playing, and being so sweet :)

 
 
 
Isn't she gorgeous?  These puppies are gonna be beautiful :)

Good luck baby girl-I will post pictures once the wee ones arrive!

1 comment:

Julie w said...

how fun! and nerve wracking! Can't wait to see pictures of the little ones!!