Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Tribute to a great woman

Grandma Faye-This great lady passed away Oct. 10. 2011.  While our hearts will ache and miss her, we know she is in a better place and she is feeling much better.  She has not been herself in a long time and now her body is free from the restrictions and pain.  I can only imagine what her reunion was like with her beloved Wade.  He passed away in 2006, so this was a joyous occasion, I am sure!  Little Lolo here is actually named after this grandma.  You see, she was born on Wade's birthday, but we couldn't name her Wade or Vance.  It didn't fit... :)
Some things I remember about Grandma Faye:  She always was happy, had a spunky personality, had a great sense of humor, could cook and bake, and was always welcoming to me.  While growing up, I always lived out of state, so I wasn't around my own grandparents very much and they passed away when I was younger.  But Grandma Faye was in my life for the last 12 years and I am so grateful for those years! 

This was on Grandma's birthday back in 2009.  I was 7 months pregnant in this photo, so please, no fat jokes :)  Of course, Trevor has many fond memories of being with his Grandma from horse riding to holidays, to camping and family reunions where everyone got food poisoning (and then again, the same food poisoning at Lolo's baby blessing-eeek!)  He loved going to his Grandparent's house and visiting them and all his cousins that lived up there.  Such great memories!

Grandma Faye and her son, Grandpa Roger, with some of the great-grand kids.

"God be with you til we meet again!"
We love you and we will miss you, but we are comforted that we will see you again.  We know this because of our Savior Jesus Christ and through Him we will all be reunited again one day!  How grateful I am for Christ's Atonement and for His Resurrection.

2 comments:

Julie w said...

Sorry about your loss Lis! I hope you guys are doing ok!

ps. I guess I've never noticed before but holy shmolies Trev looks like his dad!

Jess said...

Lisa thanks for writing this! I'm having a hard time putting in to words how I feel. This was very nice to read!!