Wednesday, September 7, 2011

True Story

Last Sunday I took the kids down South to my  nephew's baptism and his brother's baby blessing.  As I was backing out of the driveway I was prompted to say a little prayer before we started our journey.  I asked Sporty to say a prayer, and, of course, he asked that we be safe as we drove.  Five minutes later I pulled up to a red light.  The light turned green and I proceeded forward-I had my eye on a car ahead of me that was about to turn right into my line of traffic (he would have ran a red light) when all of a sudden I braked hard and out of nowhere, another car came speeding from my left through the red light and right in front of me.  I just sat there stunned.  Had I moved forward anymore I would have been t-boned by this car.  Coincidence?   I think not.  Prayers are answered-sometimes not how we would want them and sometimes they are answered before we realized it (why did I brake hard?  After all, I hadn't seen the car coming from my left-never even glanced that way).  Prayers are answered and for that I am grateful.  Our Father in Heaven truly watches out for us and guides us and I am grateful for that.  Most of all, I am grateful that I followed that small prompting to say a prayer before we left.

1 comment:

Julie w said...

glad you listened and prayed and were safe! What a lesson for Sporty too!