Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It's a good thing we bought a suburban...

Yes that is correct.  I am now the proud owner of an official "Mormon" wagon-the Suburban.  We have been looking for a bit with no real rush to buy, but with our vacation coming upon us quickly, we acted a bit faster.  Thank goodness, too!  Hey, now I have a vehicle for RAGNAR next year!  Hip hip hooray!
Focus Lisa, focus...For Christmas '09, Trevor's parents gave all of us a week's vacation to Glacier National Park.  They rented a 5 bedroom, 5 bathroom home for us to stay in and all 23 of us made the 13 hour drive up to the northern yonder.  I was SOOOOOO glad to have my car.  Not only is there plenty of room for the 6 of us, but CARGO SPACE GALORE!!!!!  Don't get me wrong, I LOVED my Explorer, but I had no cargo space.  I could probably fit AT LEAST 5 strollers in the back of my car.  It's awesome. After loading the kids, the crap, the movies, the food, etc, etc, we still had room to spare.  Nice.
So, we got to Glacier on Monday night; Tuesday we drove into the park-GORGEOUS VIEWS!!! We hiked to a few waterfalls and the entire time I was scared to death we would see a grizzly.  After all, there are signs EVERYWHERE reminding us that we are in Grizzly Country.  Hm.  Wednesday we went to Whitefish ski resort and rode the Alpine slide, took the Gondola to the top and ate and looked around for a while.  Again-GORGEOUS VIEWS!  Oh yeah, did you know the sun rises around 6 am and sets around 10pm???  And gorgeous sunrise/sunsets they were.  Thursday back to the park where we hiked in  to a beautiful lake (Avalanche Lake) and we were even surprised to see a bunch of Rams and Mountain Goats.  Friday we took the kids to a fun park where they rode go-carts, bumper boats, played miniature golf and we made our way through a maze.  So much fun.  We then went back into the Park and rented a motorboat and went out on Lake McDonald.  We had so much fun seeing the views from a different perspective.  Then on Saturday it was back home to reality and the 11 hour drive-again. I was sooooo glad to have my suburban.  Now if only they made them with bathrooms.....
There were too many pictures to include, so here is from Days 1,2,  & 3.
Off on our journey.

He lasted until the last hour or so..

So cute!



Lake McDonald




Diva loves pictures.

From Road to the Sun

Thismay be our Christmas card...unless I change my hair again.  Possible.


Up by Logan Pass
This deer just hung out as we hiked by it.


With cousin D

Brooke and cousin A

I wanted this as our Christmas Card, buy  Z man was sleeping.



At Whitefish
Z-man and cousin H
Lolo and Trev on the Slide
Yes, I took him on the Slide

1 comment:

Julie w said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! I seriously thought by the title of your post that you were announcing something. :)