Monday, July 26, 2010

Thank goodness for modern medicine...

3 of my 4 children have had chronic ear infections since birth.  The two oldest had tubes put in when they were wee toddlers and last Thursday Z-man joined the club.  He had never had an ear infection until mid-April and then BAM he had 7!  Poor kid-poor momma!  He couldn't sleep when he had an ear infection, therefore, neither do I.  He would cry all night, therefore, so would I.  We were finally able to get him in to see a fabulous E.N.T (he was the surgeon for my first two) and schedule his surgery and now we cross our fingers  that the tubes work.
Z-man and I had to be at the hospital at 7am, they came and got him at 8:30 and we were home by 10:00.  WOW.  Modern medicine is amazing.   Seriously, I can't imagine living without these simple procedures that make a world of difference in people's lives.  I like to say that I could have been a pioneer woman-I really could have.  I can camp, hike, work, sorta cook, make port-a-potties, etc.  The only thing I would not have been able to do is birth a baby.  That actually would have killed me-seriously.  Again, hooray for modern medicine and C-sections!  Anyway, here are a few cell phone pics of the my angel baby just before the procedure.
okay, now before you go, "Ohhhh, poor baby!", let me tell you why he is screaming...I took away the remote that he thought was a shot-put.

He wouldn't keep his fuzzy socks on.

He just wandered around the halls and his room for an hour and a half.  He looked like a duck in that gown.  So blasted cute.

No comments: