Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thankful for what????

DAY 10   I am thankful that I started running.  I know, weird, but true.  After the birth of Baby Z and then the complications which put me on "not quite bed rest", I began running.  That's been over a year ago, and I am proud to say that I have continued on that path-not always consistant, but I have endured.  When your not training for anything it's easy to say, "Eh, I will go tomorrow."  If you have read my blog from the beginning then you know that I ran the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving (highly recommend it), I ran the Ogden Marathon Relay, RAGNAR, and  then the Provo River Half Marathon.  My plans are to do all that again except I will be running in the Ogden Half Marathon instead of the relay. 

So, my reasons for running:  it gives me a chance to clear my head; it gets me out exercising and pushing my body to limits it has never endured before (and I have had 4 kids!); my butt and thighs look HOT!; okay, I meant to say that it tones my lower extremities and I like that; it gives me "ME" time;  it gets me out in the fresh air; I get to run with some awesome gals and chat away until our hearts are content-or our legs give out; it gives me a sense of accomplishment when I have completed a race or even just a long training run; it gives me a chance to see wildlife (I saw a cougar just a few blocks from my home one morning); it makes me face my fear of getting chased by dogs-haven't been chased yet, well, just once, but it was a tiny dog.

I am sure I will come up with more reasons why I run after I publish this post.  Truth is, some days I think I hate running, but then I get out there and I feel FANTASTIC.  In fact, I took my sweet puppy on a run this morning and so we got to have some quality time together AND I got to feel good.  Oh, running.

1 comment:

Ty Lyman said...

I'm not sure how you talk while running. I CAN'T!! LOL. I really enjoy the time I get to use my ipod....no whining kids in my ear, I have the MUSIC pushing me. I can feel my body in tune to nature too....IT'S AWESOME!!!