Tuesday, March 22, 2011

winter blues....

We just had ANOTHER snow storm and my heart, my attitude, my mental status just went kuwump!  I know that many people get SADS during the winter, and who knows, maybe I do too, but I have been doing well until this storm.  BLAH, BLAH, I know this is Springtime in Utah-I have lived here now for, oh, 27 years-but it doesn't make it any easier, nor do I get used to it.  My ideal weather is for it to snow, snow, snow from Thanksgiving until New Year's Day, then 60 degrees til May.  Is that too much to ask?  Just call me "Debbie Downer" and I will go to NYC and join SNL and perform that sketch myself-I am SOOOO much funnier than Rachel Dratch, sooo much funnier.  Maybe I should take up skiing again-I was pretty good, once upon a time.  Maybe then when it snows I will be the first maniac up the canyon and get on a newscast about Spring skiing.  Good plan-but only if Big Budah interviews me.

1 comment:

Renée TOMLINSON PETERSEN said...

Lisa, I remember all too well growing up in Idaho and how the month of March was on the top of my list of "most undesirable" things in my life. Even as a skier I was ready for spring. When Earl and I were at the U of U I remember waking up to about 2 inches of snow on May Day. A time to think of the quote "this too shall pass" Love reading you Blog. Aunt R