Saturday, November 19, 2011

More thanking

Day 14:  Have you ever seen or read, "Diary of a Wimpy Kid"?  Well, what I am grateful for is that my kids aren't cruel to one another.  They do fight and argue, but they are not down.right.cruel.  Rodrick should be kicked!

Day 15:  Family-I am grateful for my family-the one I grew up in.  We are not perfect, we don't always see eye to eye, but when it comes right down to it, we are there for each other.  We enjoy being in each other's company, we like to play games with each other, and we like to just hang out.  I also like the fact that my brothers can and will call Trevor to go on backpacking trips or fishing trips-they treat him like he is a brother (or they feel sorry he's married to me and want to give him a break -lol).  I am just grateful we can count on each other for anything.  I am also thankful that we all live pretty close-the farthest we have to travel is about 20 minutes, depending on traffic.  It just feels good knowing I have a good family.

Day 16:  I am grateful for Trevor's family.  Again, they are not perfect and family get-togethers are always entertaining, to say the least.  I appreciate Roger and Annette and all they do for not only us, but for the entire family.  We get to have Thanksgiving at their home this year, and although I will miss my family, I am grateful for the time we will spend with Trevor's family.  There's nothing like good food to bring a family together.

Day 17:  I am thankful for my kids' friends.  My kids are good kids and they have some really good friends.  I listen to them when they are over at our house and I can't help but smile and think of the good, fun times that lay ahead for them.  So far they've made some good choices when it comes to friends and I know those choices will help them later in life when peer pressure will be strong and I will not always be around to help them in some situations.  Good friends make all the difference in the teenage years (outside the home, that is).

Day 18:  I am thankful for good music.  Spiritual music, fun music, uplifting music, classical music, etc.  I was listening to Peter Cetera and 1) belting out all his tunes, and 2) just thinking about life in a positive manner.  I know, I am a dork-PETER CETERA.  Come on, Chicago is awesome!  But Peter Cetera in concert is even better!  He's just one example-have you heard "Apple of you Daddy's Eye" or "One Clear Voice"?  Inspirational.  The kids have some fun play music that we play in the car and sing to, such as "I'm a Nut" and "Itsy Bitsy Spider"-music rocks, literally!

Day 19:  I am thankful for beautiful days, even if they are cold.  The sun is out and shining and God's creations are abundant!

No comments: