Monday, November 28, 2011

This shouldn't be hard...

I have sooooooo much to be thankful for, yet I am struggling to actually put it down on paper, er, in cyberspace.  I guess one needs to be in a grateful mood to express it and I have been so busy and preoccupied with all the little things in life that I haven't really stopped to REALLY think about what I am grateful for.  So here goes ...

Day 21:  Horses.  I am thankful we have horses.  Not only are they beautiful and majestic, but they bring a lot of happiness into our personal lives, more specifically, into the lives of my husband and son.  It's not unusual for them to saddle up Missy and Pretty Girl and take them up into the mountains for a long ride.  The time they spend together as well as with Grandpa is fun, peaceful, and even therapeutic.

Day 22:  I am thankful for people with artistic talents.  I was not blessed with an artists touch but I sure do appreciate the beauty it brings into peoples homes.  It amazes me how someone can create such masterpieces with a simple pencil or chalk, or whatever.  This goes for crafty people as well.  I cannot make a cute craft if my life depended on it.  I can, however, paint a piece of wood and glue stuff to it and call it a craft.

Day 23:  I am so thankful for a sense of humor.  And I have that!  I use humor daily and can find humor in almost anything.  One drawback is that I tend to use humor as a defense mechanism, but at least I can laugh when life can get tense.  Let's face it, I like to laugh, I like to laugh loudly and I like to laugh A.LOT.

Day 24:  Forgiveness.  I am grateful I have a forgiving heart.  Sometimes things take longer to let go, but overall, I am a VERY forgiving person.

Day 25:  On that note, I am not easily offended.  Thank goodness!  It takes a lot to rile me up and when one does, well, s/he is lucky that I easily forgive!  I am pretty easy-going (in general) and I am grateful for that.  Otherwise I would be stressed out all the time about every little thing that was said or done-I cannot live like that, nor will I.

Day26:  I am grateful for what little peace and quiet that I get to enjoy.  Usually it's around 10pm, but I will take it.

Day 27:  I am grateful for the days I get to pamper myself-which is usually about once every 6-8 weeks or so.  Those are the times I get my hair done.  Ohhhh, I love that time to sit and chat with Rachel while she makes me glamorous.  Something about a fresh 'do that makes me feel like I can conquer the world.

Day 28:  Eternal families-I am grateful for the knowledge and faith I have in knowing that my family will be together forever.  I am grateful for the peace I feel knowing I will see loved ones again.  Though parting is sad, I know a reunion will be inevitable.

Day 29:  I am grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ.  I am thankful for the sacrifice He made on my behalf so that we all can return again to a Father in Heaven who loves us and wants us there. I am thankful for His example of living and His example of loving everyone.  I am thankful the knowledge I have that He willingly laid down His life for us.  I am thankful for His Gospel, for His Church and I am thankful for my membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Day 30:  I am grateful that we have latter day prophets on the earth today.  Just like in the Bible and the knowledge of the Ancient Prophets,  I am grateful that Thomas S. Monson has been called today to lead and guide us.  I am grateful for the power of prayer.  If you want to know and have the confirmation of what I know to be true, all you need to do is pray with a sincere heart and you will get an answer.  I saw a billboard once that said, "Do not pray about the Book of Mormon.  That's how they get you."  Well, no kidding.  If you pray about the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon, the Prophet Joseph Smith, and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, you will get a confirmation.  I am grateful for this and I testify of all these things.

No comments: