Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Where did February go??

February is gone, and frankly, I am glad.  February was out of control for me as a mom.  Let me recap:  Sporty had 2 basketball practices on Monday, 1 on Tuesday, games started on Wednesdays, 1 baseball practice on Thursday, 1 basketball game on Thursday, and 1 basketball practice on Friday.  I teach piano on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays and played basketball on Tuesdays-plus I had Young Women's sports on Saturdays.  Trevor's basketball games (he coaches) are on Wednesdays and Fridays.   All of this occurred after 3pm each day and many of the events were 25 minutes across town (with traffic).  OI!  Now that March has settled in we are down to Sporty playing on one basketball team and one baseball team, Trev's basketball is over, but baseball has begun, and I am done with basketball after tonight, but still have piano (which I love and I love my students!).  Diva's soccer season starts up very soon as well.  Good thing I have my "mommy calendar" plastered on the fridge to keep me afloat!  I understand that everyone, especially mommies, are extremely busy-I am just choosing to vent for a second. 
Now, February was just BUSY, but there was a lot of good:  Diva celebrated her 5th birthday!
How cute are these girls!
.
Diva kept telling me that I was the BEST mom ever!  Diva with her a few of her party goers.

We played musical chairs, freeze dance and put Cinderella in her window.
I also wanted to include some of Lolo's birthday pics:  Her birthday is in January.
My girls get to be queen for the day on their birthdays...thus the Tiaras-my boys get to be kings.

I enjoyed Valentines day-Trev got me some beautiful roses and my FAVORITE chocolates, the kids got me chocolate covered strawberries and I got each member of the family a small box of chocolates.  Since V-day was on a Sunday Trev and I went to eat on Saturday.  Overall, it was very enjoyable.

We also had a surprise 30th birthday for Trevor's brother Nick.  It was very amusing watching him walk into the restaurant and then turn right around and walk out.  We honestly thought he wouldn't come back into the restaurant-Nick doesn't like the spotlight.  But it was fun being with all the family for an evening.
Lastly, on Sunday, we visited Great Grandma Ilene for her 79th birthday.  All of us grandkids packed up our own kids and drove 45 minutes north and surprised both her and grandpa.  They were very happy to see us and our kids love to see them.  I think it's great that my kids get the opportunity to know their great-grandparents...I always lived away from my grandparents and never knew my great grandparents, so I think this is wonderful.  Plus, Trevor's grandparents have accepted me as their own since Trevor and I even started dating.  Love you Grandma and Grandpa-thanks for everything!These pictures were actually at Great Grandpa's 80th birthday party back on Dec 29, 2009.

No comments: