Friday, August 20, 2010

We've been busy!!!

So our family has been sooooo busy.  The summer started fairly slow but when July hit our family vaca's started up.  Which then brings us to August.  On August 7, all my training and running, and blood, sweat and tears finally came to fruition.  I ran my first half marathon.  My goal was to run it in 2 hours and 10 minutes.  My official time was 2 hours, 8 minutes and 14 seconds.  Not bad for a first time 1/2 runner. 
Lesa, Tara, Bradi, Lisa
Then August 8, my little family and my extended family headed out to Island Park for four days.  We stayed in a cabin and ended up going to Yellowstone two of the days.  We saw lots of bison, elk, and even a mama bear and three cubs.  It was a lot of fun.  Our kids are still a bit young to fully appreciate it, but in a few years we will do it a again.

Diva and Trevor on the canoe

Cousin E, Tad, Cousin K, Bonnie

Z-man and Lyndi

Tyler, Cousin E, Cousin B, and Sporty

Diva and Cousin B

Diva doing cartwheels into the river

That river was COLD for Z man.

Lolo wanted in on some of the action.

Another cartwheel

FREEZING!!!

Hiking down to Mesa Falls

My mommy!!!  Sandi

Cousin B, Lolo, Diva, Sporty at Mesa Falls

Poor Cousin K!!!  Cousin E was up on Tad's shoulders and she was in the backpack.  STINKY...

Gpa Ted, Tyler, Gma Sandi, Lyndi

All the posterity

This is turning into a very long post, so I will continue this tomorrow.  Next stop?????  YELLOWSTONE!

No comments: