Monday, July 11, 2011

Oops, I lied

I totally forgot my camera on the 4th of July, but this is what we did:
-parade (not sure why, except the kids love it)
-breakfast at a yummy restaurant
-Bee's game and fireworks after
-Trevor and I held our sanity together as our little Diva decided to cry theeeeeeee entire time.  Oh wait, she did fall asleep for about 10 minutes, but then it was crying and whining.  I think she didn't want to be there... (enter sarcasm)

In all seriousness, it was a great time to reflect on what freedom's I enjoy, including this one where I can blog about whatever I want to and not get kicked in the face.  Well, unless I decide to say my mom stinks like pond scum, THEN I would be in trouble.

 I am grateful for the Service Men and Women who are fighting to keep our country free and to protect all other freedoms which we enjoy.  I am thankful for my friend Shawn who leaves his darling wife, Melinda (also one of my bestest friends in the universe), and their three kids, to fight for my family and his family's rights.  He puts himself in harms way because that is what he is called to do.  So thank you Shawn and thank you Grandpa Wade, Grandpa Jay, Uncle Gary (aka Grandpa Gary), and cousin Jimmy (who died in Vietnam), for your sacrifice and for your service.

1 comment:

Toyin O. said...

Very touching post, sounds like you have a great life, thanks for sharing.