Sunday, January 9, 2011

11 Years and he still can't get enough of me

On December 16, 2010, Trevor and I celebrated our 11th anniversary.  We decided to celebrate in style and.....go Christmas shopping.  I know, SNOOZE.  With Trevor's busy coaching schedule we felt like we needed to go shopping.  Plus, we had all ready made plans with our "soul couple"-Nate and Jill-to go out to eat with them on their anniversary which was on December 27th.  Nate and Trevor served their mission together and are seriously like best brothers-AND Jill and I should have been BFF's if we had lived in the same state.  This is the same couple that we went to Sacramento CA with-check out our trip HERE
So to commemorate the occasion I thought I would give a wee timeline on how things happened that led us to 11 years.

I have know Trevor since college-met at a "welcome back" fireside at the Institute.  We ended up having a few classes together that quarter.  His friends and mine would hang out all the time-lots of fun.  He left on his mission in April of 1997-we wrote every week of his mission, but as friends.  I realized about a year into his mission that his feelings for me were more than just friends.  He returned home in April 1999.  He didn't want to date anyone else (I told him I would support him dating since I had two years of it and he declined).   We started talking marriage in June, and on September 10, 1999, he proposed to me in front of the Salt Lake Temple.  Of course I said YES!

Through the last 11 years I have seen many, many great ups and some not so great downs-we have been through a lot, but we have grown a lot.  All I know is I am grateful for the choice that we both made and I have never regretted that choice.  I am thankful that Trevor is by my side and that we have each other to get through everything in this life and in the life to come.  I love you and appreciate EVERYTHING you do for me and our zany family!

No comments: